Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A New Direction

As any of you who read my blog on a consistent basis may have noticed, I haven't posted in quite a while. A group of friends and I started up a Bible study-esque thing (those of you who know me and aren't already a part of it or happen to live near SDSU should email me and join us). I've poured my "free" time into that for the past few months and as such left this blog to die. I debated whether or not I wanted to even start it back up again, and I came to this conclusion.

Since this blog began, I've grown a lot in my understanding of the Scriptures (it's a wonder what actually reading your Bible will teach you) as well as in my relationship with God. When I started this blog, I wanted to document things I had learned. The problem is I'm a rather active learner. I can't just absorb something. For me to move from point one to point two, point one must first make complete sense in my mind. As such, I have a lot to say about these sermons I post. The problem with how I've been blogging is that it leaves little room for me to give any of that input. This was good in the beginning when I had a lot of opinions but little understanding, but now I'm looking for the next level.  I'm at "Seek Ye First Stage 2" if you will.


Skyline is wonderful in that each sermon is posted online. I don't have to fear misrepresenting what Pastor Jason or Pastor Garlow are speaking about, because it's all right there (and I will continue to link the audio for every sermon I discuss, if it is available). However, as I walk through each one of these sermons, I would like to give my flow of thoughts. This may lead to even longer posts (for which I apologize). I may even spend many posts on a single sermon because of this. I'd love to read comments on these posts and have discussions regarding what people think of the topics being presented.

Anyway, there will be nothing new until next week some time, but I hope that if there is anyone here still reading this (or if anyone stumbles upon this), you'll follow me through the crazy mess that is my thought process.

No comments:

Post a Comment